CLEAN GREEN COMPOSTING
SIMPLIFIED SOLUTIONS FOR ANIMAL MORTALITY
Our In-vessel composter comes in 5-foot sections and can be extended to ensure you are able to get the correct length for your operation. Each section consists of a 5-foot stainless steel drum sitting on two 6” vulcanized rollers on a constructed steel frame. The rollers slowly turn the drum with a gear-reduction motor. Inside the drum is stainless steel flighting and baffles to move the material down the drum. There is a temperature probe inside for monitoring the heat to make sure it’s getting the desired temperature. Also, inside you find a snorkel system that pulls the air from the discharge end. Pulling air through the material will speed up the composting time.
- Increase the soil’s structure and ability to hold water and nutrients.
- Can reduce the need for pesticides by increasing the soil’s biological activity.
- Offsets use of natural resources (e.g., peat moss) for mulch. Diverts valuable organic materials from landfills.
- Adds organic matter and nutrients to the soil, reducing the need for chemical fertilizers.
- Encourages the slow release of nitrogen and lowers the carbon to nitrogen ration, making nitrogen available to plants.
- Kills pathogens and weed seeds.
- Prevents soil erosion.
Composting allows immediate year-round disposal of carcasses so that disease is not spread. There is no entry of off-farm vehicles that can bring disease onto the farm from other operations, and the high temperatures in the compost pile kill pathogens.
Easy to accomplish
Composting requires only good management and minimal training. It utilizes readily available organic materials.
A properly functioning compost pile gives off little odor and does not harm or affect groundwater. Composting turns waste into a beneficial fertilizer and soil amendment, resulting in on-farm nutrient recycling.
Composting has low to moderate startup costs and minimal operating costs.
At Max Manufacturing, Inc. we believe the key to success is to maintain close and personal relationships between our customers and employees. We uphold the old fashioned belief that the customer is always right and that happy employees make a first-class business.
So, if you have a question or are interested in working with us, use the contact information below or our contact form.
Max Manufacturing, Inc.
2763 Landfill Road
Pelham, GA 31779
Hours of Operation
8:00am – 5:00pm